One of the fastest growing industries in the United States now is the pet industry. Within the past ten decades, the pet industry has grown to a $34 billion dollar industry. This surpasses what we spend on toys and candy.
The fastest growing group with the most opportunity for expansion is luxury for pets. After all, now we can get a massage for our pets, an aromatherapy spa therapy, doggy day care is a must in the city and you can even have them picked up with a Rolls Royce to take them to get their manicure pawdicure. Even luxury hotels are now offering special menus for our furry companions. Visit https://luxurybeautystorez.com to get best luxury products.
For pet retailers, it is important to know what the expectations are of the luxury client. Who’s the luxury client and exactly what is it that they’ve come to expect?
The luxury consumer stores at Chanel, Gucci, Luis Vuitton, Prada and Neiman Marcus to name a few. She stays in 4 and 5 star resorts. She eats in the best restaurants. She wears designer and she shops designer dresses cause of the experience. She is not price resistant. So what is the experience she expects you inquire?
1. Know her name when she enters the shop. Make sure that you and your staff know and understand that her lifestyle. She anticipates service and hopes to be waited on.
2. The luxury client expects to utilize knowledgeable style oriented sales partners who understand how to sell a luxury merchandise and are knowledgable in characteristics, benefits and benefits. These sales partners also have an appreciation for luxury items and often purchase for themselves. Associates such as these are seen as credible sources to these customers.
3. Luxurious is all about an experience. The experience takes them away from their everyday world. The experience might have a glass of wine or champagne, crackers and cheese or tea and scones. A gorgeous scent and soothing music as they enter into the environment helps to enhance the experience.
4. Merchandising a luxury product entails a fresh presentation of the merchandise that’s clutter free and featured superbly from the boutique. Lighting that highlights the item is important to improving the shopping experience.
5. Follow and communication with the customer is paramount. This would comprise a thank you note after she purchases or stops from the store. Calling her when new product arrives. Calling her on her birthday, understanding important events in her life such as her anniversary, knowing the title of her husband and kids. All are about the personal care and attention that you and your team supply.
Most of all, understand what designer products mean from the furry world. In pet clothing, an average price point of over $150.00, and pet beds should be at an average price point of over $400.00. Too many sellers are promoting designer goods that in fact are poor in construction and quality and are priced well below a designer price point. Be wary of what you take in your shop that’s featured as a designer as this can very well turn off the client which you’re looking to attract. Most importantly, staff your store with people that understand how to attract, sell and grow a luxury client base.